Overall score: 77/100
Tested February 2019
WE EARN A COMMISSION FOR PRODUCTS PURCHASED THROUGH SOME LINKS IN THIS ARTICLE
Looking for a simple to use way to keep an eye on your home when you’re not there? TP Link’s Kasa Cam is the perfect solution. Not only does it record clear and sharp video when motion is detected in your home, it also lets you watch it free of charge for up to 48 hours afterwards thanks to the secure online storage included. Simple to use, the camera also lets you schedule when it should be monitoring your home. Admittedly it won’t win any prizes for style, but it does the job and does it without hurting your wallet too much.
Available from: amazon.co.uk
Price when tested: £133.97
Loud – this product has been scientifically assessed and found to be louder than most in this category.
GHI Expert Verdict
A simple, easy to use way of keeping an eye on your home when you’re not there. The video it records is clear and sharp, we’re just disappointed there’s no way to store video online for longer than 48 hours.
- Ease of use: 3.5/5
- Design: 4/5
- Instructions: 3.5/5
- Performance: 4/5
- The camera supports Alexa and Google Assistant so you ask it to show the feed from your camera on a Fire TV, Echo Show and Google Home Hub
- You can set activity zones so you’re only alerted if motion or sound is detected in these areas, rather than across the whole image
- A two-way microphone allows you to hear and talk to anyone in your home
- Can be wall-mounted or free standing
We Didn’t Like
- Currently there are no options to keep the video clips for longer than 48 hours
- It can only be set up and viewed from a smartphone app, not via a PC
All product information provided by the manufacturer is correct at time of publication.