Overall score: 64/100
Tested May 2019
We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
While these headphones won’t blow you away with sound or battery life, they will help you bu making sure you’re completely aware of your surroundings. They’re a good choice for someone that exercises alone and wants to know exactly whats going on around them.
Available from: amazon.co.uk
GHI Expert Verdict
Looking for a pair of extremely lightweight headphones and still want to be fully aware of your surroundings? The Aftershokz Trekz Air is worth considering. The earphones sit just outside of your ears and use bone conduction technology to transmit the sound. This means you can fully hear what’s going on around you. They’re so lightweight, you pretty much forget you’re wearing them too. However, this does mean the sound quality is lacking compared to traditional in-ear headphones and everyone around you can hear what you’re listening to. And they don’t come cheap either! That said, we think they’re ideal for anyone that exercises alone.
- Ease of use: 2.8/5
- Design: 3/5
- Instructions: 4/5
- Performance: /5
- The headphones are quick to charge, taking just 1.5 hours – 15 minutes of charging will also give you an hour of listening time
- The Bluetooth connection remains stable in use
- You can play, pause and skip tracks as well as make and take calls and summon your voice assistant – all without taking your phone out of your pocket
- Comfortable to wear for long periods of time
We Didn’t Like
- The battery only lasts for six hours, which won’t blow you away
All product information provided by the manufacturer is correct at time of publication.